Milestone Project 2: Prototype

I'm back everyone! Due to some things happening in my personal life I was unable to update the blog for a while, but here I am again.

To update on the milestone project:

I have completed the circuit and the code for this project, and all that's left now is to make the final version.

The circuit:

The code:

   
  
I have decided to make a glove for this project. I have always wanted to own a pair of custom gloves to make a fashion statement and this is my chance. It is an item that is perfect to wear to a rave, the club or a concert.

In order to make this glove, I would need to sew the components into the glove to hide them. Since this project got a 1 week extension, I can transfer the code to an Arduino Nano so that the glove is not as bulky and heavy.

How the glove will work:

There will be a circuit board in the palm of the glove, kind of like a hidden remote. The user can discreetly press the button by closing their hand into a fist. This way when dancing, the user doesn't need to reach over somewhere and awkwardly press a button. It is like stage magic.

              

Current problems that need to be fixed:

I wanted to use copper tape at first to make this circuit, but it is far too brittle for something that would be bending all the time. After some discussion I decided to use a wire instead. Wires can be sewn into the fabric and hidden, and can be easily bent without worrying about breakage.

Wiring an LED strip in series does not work for something of this scale. I would need to wire the LED's in parallel.

This circuit would need a power bank. I have a smartphone power bank that I can use, but it is quite heavy. I want to look for a lighter and smaller power bank that won't weigh it down as much. If that is not possible, then I will need to get a longer cord for the Arduino and hide it within my clothes, like in a pants pocket or something.

Comments

Popular Posts