Input/Output Interactive Object Proposal

    I am very excited for this project, as it gives me an opportunity to do something that I have wanted to learn how to do for a long time. 

    I am an aspiring cosplayer, and even though I don't have as much experience as others in the field, I still put my hardest into it. I believe that through this project, I could elevate my future cosplay projects.

    For this project, I wish to create a set of accessories that light up and can sync up the lights to any song.  This can be done by setting the lights to flicker on and off at different beats. The most common time signature for songs is 4/4, which would be the first mode that the accessories can be set to. Depending on how effectively I use my time, I could include other common time signatures like 6/8, 3/2 and 9/16 that the lights can switch to at the press of a button.

    I want to create gloves, a headband, and either shoes or earrings. The circuit would be set up like this: Parallel wired LED's connected to the Arduino, and buttons that turn on the LED's to flicker at different time signatures, depending on which button was pressed. 

    I have created simple headbands for me and my friend in the past that we wore to a concert. It was a series of parallel wired LED's with an on and off switch, that had an acrylic piece that I cut on the laser cutter placed on top of the LED, making the acrylic piece light up. The circuit was all hidden under a 3D printed shell that I attached on top of the headband. By refining this concept I could make this idea it much more functional, and reuse the code for other accessories.

Photos of the headband (and my awesome outfit):








Comments

Popular Posts